This online privacy statement applies only to the Sidmouth Science Festival website (www.sidmouthsciencefestival.org).
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including, but not limited to, your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation)
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- any other information that you choose to send to us when you contact us
How we use your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- keep the website secure and prevent fraud
- verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website
If you send us an e-mail message or complete an on-line form, we will use the information you provide to deal with and respond to your query or comments.
If you subscribe to our mailing list we will use your email address to send you our newsletter and information about upcoming events which we think may be of interest to you. You may opt out of further mailings at any time by unsubscribing directly form the email you receive or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for marketing purposes.
We will not disclose identifiable personal information to anyone outside of the organisation without your permission, unless we have a lawful reason to do so, such as for crime prevention or detection purposes.
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Third party websites
The website contains links to, and content from, other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
We reserve the right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be posted on our website.