2014 Sidmouth Science Festival - 13 to 19 October
The theme of the 2014 Festival will be 'Science in our Lives'.
The Festival aims to inform, educate and inspire everyone, particularly students in Sidmouth and other participating schools in the area.
Science, technology, engineering and mathematical (STEM) disciplines impact on our everyday lives by integrating art, music, dance and drama with serious technical talks. There will be events for all age groups and all parts of the community, including activities for schools and families as well as those looking for stimulating debate.
We plan to include the following:
- Internationally renowned speakers
- Area Schools’ Competition and Exhibitions
- School STEM talk and demonstrations
- Displays, exhibitions, competitions
- Stalls and hands-on science experiments - Universities, Schools, Institutes
- Sidmouth clubs, societies and associations in science related activities
- Sidmouth Science Trail
- Astronomic events and family day at the Norman Lockyer Observatory
- Geological Society and Jurassic Coast Teams, Sidmouth Museum
This year the Festival coincides with the Earth Science Week organised by the Geological Society. Therefore, we intend to have a special focus on Geology on some of the Festival days.
We are always looking for ideas and comments from the Community to make the event even better next year. Contact us via email@example.com. Or tweet us! #sidscifest or #SidSF14.